Cancer Screening Faecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
- formerly known as Faecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT)
“If only I had gone for regular screening and detected the cancer earlier, I would have been spared the agony of going through chemotherapy treatment for 3rd stage colon cancer. The treatment is expensive, uncomfortable, and you will suffer side effects. I urge everyone above 50 years old to go for the FIT. It only takes a dip to save lives.”
- Mr Gerard Ee, Stage 3 Colorectal Cancer Survivor
“I realised how lucky I was to have caught it early. At Stage 1, there is a good chance of a complete cure. Just send two samples of your stool to the Singapore Cancer Society to test for blood in the stool.”
- Mr Robert Hoo, was diagnosed with Stage 1 Colorectal Cancer in 2009 following positive FIT results
“I am grateful to have undergone the FIT screening because it was following this test that I was diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer.”
Mdm Kamariah Mohd Yusof, mother of 4 children, was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colorectal Cancer in 2009.
• What is Faecal Immunochemical Test Kit?
This is a preliminary screening test for colorectal cancer, which is cancer of the colon and rectum. It tests for presence of blood in the stools. Those 50 years and older are advised to have a faecal immunochemical test done annually.
The FIT kit is only available to:
Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
Aged 50 years old and above
Faecal Immunochemical Test Kit
• Please click here to view the step-by-step guide on how to use the FIT kits.
Learn more about the Colorectal Cancer and the FIT Kit