Subsidy for Mammogram Screening
Breast cancer remains the most commonly diagnosed cancer (29.4%) and the top cause of cancer-related death (17.9%)* in Singapore women . On average, about 1,600 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year.
From 1 to 31 October 2013, you can collect your pink coupon at:
Alternatively, you may download and print out an e-copy of the pink coupon here to use at participating imaging centres.
The Singapore Cancer Society (SCS) will subsidise $25 for every eligible woman who makes an appointment with the participating clinics/x-ray centres for a mammogram screening. Women can also receive a $20 Guardian voucher at any Guardian outlet upon showing their screening receipt.
Qualifying criteria for subsidy:
- Singaporeans or Permanent Residents
- Female aged 40 - 49 years who have not had a mammogram done in the past 12 months
- Female aged 50 years and above who have not had a mammogram done in the past 24 months
- You do not have any visible breast abnormalities such as breast lumps or nipple discharge (should you have any of these symptoms, kindly consult your doctor)
- You have not been breast-feeding for the past 6 months
- You are not pregnant
- You do not have any breast implants
- You do not have any history of breast cancer
Preparation and points to note:
- On appointment day, please bring along all your previous mammogram films or results for reference purposes.
- Try to schedule your appointment one week after the onset of your menstruation.
- On appointment day, do not apply talcum powder or body lotion on the chest as this can be reflected on the x-ray.
- Please wear a two piece outfit on the appointment day.
Terms and conditions:
The pink brochure may not be used with other promotions
Please call the participating breast screening centres from our list to schedule an appointment for your mammogram screening.
Appointments must be made within October with the participating breast screening centres and the mammogram screening must be done by 31 December 2013.
The completed pink brochure and NRIC must be presented upon registration at the participating clinics / X-ray centres.
Participants need to have their Guardian vouchers endorsed on the day of mammogram screening. Must submit the original mammogram screening tax invoices / receipts at the Guardian store to redeem the vouchers.
Participants who wish to use their Medisave for payment will need to check with the participating breast screening centres if such an option is available upon making the appointment.
Participants must complete and fill in all the particulars on the pink brochure.
Any post-mammogram consultation where necessary, shall be at the discretion of the participating breast screening centres and consultation fees may apply.
Participating breast screening centres will follow up with the participants for their mammogram results.
Participant's particulars and results will be released to the Singapore Cancer Society for the sole purpose of collation of statistics.
Singapore Cancer Society is only responsible for providing the subsidy. For enquiries on the mammogram charges, please contact the participating breast screening centres.
Singapore Cancer Society and the participating breast screening centres reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
* Singapore Cancer Registry’s Interim Report on Trends in Cancer Incidence in Singapore, 2008 – 2012