SCS Cancer Research Grant 2016
Since 1973, SCS has been supporting local cancer research projects across a wide spectrum of subjects. This is done to meet the objectives of improving the quality of life, quality of care and quality of treatment for cancer patients. The Society would also like to underscore the importance of the psychosocial aspects of cancer on the patients as well as their caregivers. We are inviting grants proposals for projects in the following categories:
- Cancer prevention and screening (e.g. risk factors; nutrition & dietetics; development and evaluation of screening test; cost-effectiveness analysis of screening program)
- Psychosocial and spiritual aspects related to cancer (e.g. effects of cancer on patients, family members & caregivers; spirituality in cancer care; developing long-term solutions for cancer ‘epidemic’)
- Health communication (e.g. communication strategy to inform cancer patients and caregivers)
- Cancer survivorship (e.g. Cancer support programs, cancer rehabilitation)
- Palliative care (e.g. behavioral and psychological supportive care, symptom management)
- Health service program (e.g. identifying critical gaps in evaluating and improving quality of cancer care)
- Clinical research (e.g. medical/surgical/radiation oncology, clinical pharmacology)
This grant call aims at delivering holistic patient care and hence the invitation is open to all researchers from various cancer related health related disciplines, healthcare institutions and organizations in Singapore; from the public, private and voluntary sectors, which are involved in cancer care and/or research.
The maximum amount of funding to be awarded this year may be up to $300,000. The grant call 2016 will open on Monday, 22nd August 2016, 9.30AM. Please submit both hard copies and soft copies (not exceeding 10MB) of the completed application documents to Singapore Cancer Society by Friday, 2nd September 2016, 5.30PM.
Attention: Huang Qing
Specialist, Research & Advocacy
Singapore Cancer Society
Address: 15 Enggor Street
#04-01 Realty Centre
Successful applicants will be notified by email. The results of grant call will also be published on SCS website in December 2016.